Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ultimo Giorno

Today was my last day in Siena. The weather was all over the place, like my emotions. It rained, it was sunny, cloudy, cold, hot. I said goodbye to my language partner/partner in crime Daniele, picked up some final goods from the market, bought a sandwich from Mark's favorite deli, and spent the rest of the day pretending to pack. I'm certainly not talented in packing by any means, but there's something about it that makes me grind my teeth and dig my heels into the ground. I may as well be in the Somari Palio (donkey race), because right now my suitcase is completely empty and I'm sitting in a pile of my own life. Subconsciously, I think that if I don't pack, then I don't have to leave. I need to work on my ability to cope with transition.

Speaking of which, tomorrow I travel to Barcelona for a few days in the Spanish sun!

It's easy to say that these four months have flown past, but it's really just been a short amount of time. Truly an adventure, with both exploring new cultures and places, and also getting to know a little charismatic city like a second or third home.

2 comments:

  1. when will you be back in the us(sr)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii....

    How are you?I follow your blog...I opened new blog: comunikafood.wordpress.com
    It speak about enogastronomy's marketing & comunication...

    Keep in touch... :-)

    ReplyDelete